Date of release: 5/15/2000
What is QuickScrap?
QuickScrap (QS) can do things to make your life so much easier when using your Macintosh. Have you ever wanted to be able to easily store a piece of information from any document you're reading or editing? Here's how it's done with and without QuickScrap:
- select the information
- type Command-C to copy
- switch to finder or use the apple menu
- open your other application or scrapbook
- type Command-V to paste in the info
- switch back to the first application
- continue where you left off
With QuickScrap, you can send the data on the clipboard instantly to a scrapbook file, a ScrapIt Pro file or a QuickScrap file (from now on all three file types will be referred to as a scrap file) by pressing a key of your choice (without having to open the Scrapbook or ScrapIt Pro at all)! The QuickScrap file can be used as a multiple clipboard containing as many as 100 items! You can have QuickScrap automatically copy any selection you've made in any document you're working on and send the data directly to a scrap file with one keystroke.
- select the info
- type your QS hotkey
Another handy feature of QuickScrap is that you can set a OHotkeyO to allow you to type a quick note (or edit text on the clipboard) and send it to a scrap file without having to leave the application you're currently in.
You can set another key to open any scrap file, display all the items in a gallery view or alphabetical list view and allow you to select an item and instantly have it pasted into whatever document you're editing.
This program performs functions that will benefit any Mac user and is extremely simple to set up and use. You can now define all those useless function keys on your extended keyboard (along with any other keys) to perform extremely useful tasks!
Some uses for QuickScrap
- keep a multiple clipboard (10, 25, 50 or 100 items) instead of just the one by using the QuickScrap file
- email address 'glossary'
- easy access to graphic elements
- source for 'dingbat' characters
- autopaste list of standard 'boilerplate' paragraphs
- Grab an item from any scrap file without having to leave the application you're in with a keystroke!
Bug fix in version 1.21:
- Will no longer try to open unmounted volumes from aliases in the System Folder when opening.
Changes in version 1.2
- New interface (resize & move window)
- correctly checks for maximum scrap file size
- Special Applications list now works properly
- Now works with ScrapIt Pro v5.5
- create name from first characters of text
Changes in version 1.1
- bug fixes
- can now change the font and size used in text display (and editing) as well as the font and size used in the lists
Download: QuickScrap (304k)
- Min. System....: 7 on up (works great with OS8.x & OS9.x)
- Min. Hardware.: Mac SE or better
- Shareware.......: $15 (or $10 if you've purchased ScrapIt Pro)
- Author...........: John V. Holder, Software
- email address...:
Register latest software: Click Here.
Return to main page.