ScrapIt Pro Description
Date of release: 6/20/2000
Try the award winning utility called ScrapIt Pro! Anything you can copy to the clipboard can be pasted and stored in a ScrapIt Pro file. Features full support of Apple's latest technology; Drag & Drop, QuickDraw 3D, Speech, and more!
ScrapIt Pro, is the editable, searchable multimedia scrapbook... and a mini-word and form processor to boot! Need a place to store, sort, display and search all of your text files, forms (invoices, addresses, contacts, etc.) , sounds, GIF files, JPEG files, QuickDraw 3D files and more? Look no further, ScrapIt Pro is the utility you've been looking for!
Bug fixes in version 5.52:
- was referencing a null handle when displaying certain dialogs and could cause certain machines to crash
- Also, fixed a scrap file alias problem, when opening an alias to a scrap file and the file was already open, it would try to open a second copy of the file
Bug fix in version 5.51:
- Will no longer try to open unmounted volumes from aliases in the System Folder when starting up.
New features in version 5.5:
- Added PlugIns for selected text (such as stripping unwanted characters, changing case, etc.)
- Can now store scrap files in folders within the ScrapIt Pro Folder and have them accessible via the Scrap Files menu hierarchically
- Added Templates Scrap file support (gives you the ability to keep often used pieces of text in one file for access from a popup menu in any other scrap file)
- Can now search all open scrap files
- File comments are now kept when importing and exporting
- Movies can now be made to fill the scrap file window
- Print margins can now be set
- Can now specify any folder to be used as the Scrap File folder
- Password protected scrap files
- Total file size now displayed in tool bar
- Much nicer looking gallery view
- Option-Tab now used to change focus
- Command-Delete now used to delete selected items
- Now recognizes URL & email address clipping files
- Fixed a problem that would cause a crash if you printed one item, then selected print and clicked the cancel button
- Now recognizes the newer alias file types
New features in version 5.4:
- Added forms capabilities so forms can be filled in directly on the screen (like invoices, contacts, expense reports, envelopes, etc.)!
- Many interface updates like; multiple item selection (for printing, playing sounds, deleting, exporting, etc.).
- When playing sounds, importing, exporting, etc., can now put ScrapIt Pro in the background and go on with other tasks.
- Contextual menus are now available (Control-click to access menu in a scrap file) whether using OS8 or System 7.
Bug fix in version 5.41:
- Fixed a minor bug with form calculations on negative numbers.
Bug fix, new feature in version 5.42:
- Sped up text entry when there are many items in a scrap file.
- Now support QuickTimea movies without resource forks (flat file movies).
Bug fix in version 5.43:
- Fixed a problem with OS 8.5 if Kaleidoscope was running.
Bug fix in version 5.44:
- Bug fix - fixed a problem with 68k macs if the Appearance manager was loaded (could crash when quitting).
Here's a list of some ScrapIt Pro features:
- PowerMac & 680x0 native code!
- Store and edit data in forms (as well as perform calculations on data in the forms)!
- Searchable comments for each item
- QuickDraw 3D file support
- Supports ArchiCAD
- Search & Replace
- Scrap File merge
- Import from Now Scrapbook(tm) files
- Much better importing capabilities (can now select multiple pictures, sounds or TEXT resources from any file)
- Import/Export GIF, TIFF, JPEG & EPSF files
- View GIF, JPEG or QuickDraw 3D items!
- Sort by date, name or type
- Edit names right in the list
- Gallery mode
- and more!
Here's what some people are saying about ScrapIt Pro:
"ScrapIt Pro is to the Scrapbook Desk Accessory what a Power Macintosh is to an original 128K Mac. Not too many people use the original Mac, so why do we continue to use the Scrapbook?"
- George Louie (eWorld Senior Sysop, ZiffNet/Mac)
"...ScrapIt Pro is one of the best shareware packages available..."
- Norman Tiffany (SPUG Newsletter)
ScrapIt Pro was also very favorably reviewed with several other Scrapbook utilities (mostly commercial software) in an article by David Pogue in the September 1995 Macworld Magazine.
ScrapIt Pro is a simple to use yet powerful editable, searchable multimedia scrapbook which will allow you to archive and retrieve anything you can copy to the clipboard, import or Drag & Drop; sounds, PICTures, Text, QuickTime movies, and lots more.... all accessable at the click of a mouse! You can print thumbnail pictures or text lists of all items in any Scrap file. You can quickly and easily search through all the text items, item names or comments in a scrap file to find what you're looking for.
Use it as a mini-word processor and database; create or edit any text items, change fonts, style, size and color! ScrapIt Pro can play sounds or QuickTime movies; it can view all of a large PICTure by scrolling or shrinking the image to fit in the window; it can select and copy portions of PICT or Text items.
Some suggested uses: Store frequently used clip-art (GIFs, JPEGs, PICTs, etc.), email, letterhead text or graphics or sounds. Create different files to store different categories of data N instantly accessible at the click of a mouse! Keep your favorite recipes in one file, quickly create and store notes in another... or store them all together and search by index.
ScrapIt Pro will open any Scrapbook file (from Apple), SmartScrap, ScrapIt Pro, ScrapIt ][ or MultiScrap file.
Bug fixes in version 5.33:
- OK, I got it this time (no, really! ;-)! The color problems have been fixed (still was a problem when running in 16 colors or less).
Bug fixes in version 5.32:
- Fixed color problems on 68k macs.
- Also fixed a problem with GIF files display in the Types menu.
Bug fixes in version 5.31:
- Can now display QuickTime movies & JPEG pictures for 68k macs.
New features in version 5.3x:
- Added PlugIns to allow for easy expansion to support more file types!
- Now with PlugIns for AIFF/AIFC (sound) files. They can be imported, exported and played!
- Added new text options (Capitalize Words & Sentences).
- Can now option-click gallery mode icon (or menu choice) to minimize the window to the size of one gallery item.
- Bug fixes.
Bug fixes in version 5.24:
- Fixed a bug that would happen on multiple monitor systems where the tool bar and thumbnails would not appear.
- Also fixed a bug that would not display certain GIF files.
Additions to version 5.23:
- Can now launch URL's by command-clicking if you have Internet Config installed.
Additions to version 5.22:
- Edit more than 32k of text (by popular demand! ;-)
- Export multiple items at one time
- New text options (like uppercase & lowercase)
- Import claris emailer files
- Open a QuickScrap file
- Can now change the file creators of all exported files
- Fixed Wacom tablet bug when renaming items in the list.
- Handles GIF file handling much more robust.
Bug fixes in 5.22 (from 5.2):
- Window tool bar sometimes not showing correctly, has been fixed.
- If you have QuickDraw 3D installed, but not the QuickDraw 3D viewer extension, earlier versions would sometimes crash, has now been fixed.
- Min. System....: 7 on up (works great with OS8.x & OS9.x)
- Min. Hardware.: Mac SE
- Shareware.......: $20 (or $15 if you've purchased QuickScrap)
- Author...........: John V. Holder, Software
- email address...:
Want information about designing forms for use with ScrapIt Pro? Here's a link to FormIt! Click here
Download: ScrapIt Pro (1.1M)
Register latest software: Click Here.
Return to main page.