ScrapIt Pro X (v1.3) Description
Date of release: 12/9/2007
ScrapIt Pro X, is the editable, searchable multimedia scrapbook for OSX... and a mini-word processor to boot! Anything you can copy to the clipboard can be pasted and stored in a ScrapIt Pro X file. Need a place to store, sort, display and search all of your text notes, movies, sounds, images? Look no further, ScrapIt Pro X is the utility you've been looking for!
- Store, sort and view images (TIFF, jpeg, Gif, PICT, png, and more)
- Store, sort and view PDF files
- Store, sort and view Finder clipping files (images and text)
- Store anything you can copy to the clipboard for later retrieval
- Store and play sounds and movies
- Import, edit, create, print any text file (plain text, rich text (rtf & rtfd), html, etc.)
- Convert between text formats (plain text, rich text, html)
- Import ANY file by drag & drop, selecting multiple files with an open sheet or pasting
- Folders in a scrap file can be nested for the ultimate in organization
- Search by text, name or comments
- Export any scrap items easily
- Play slide shows with selected images
- And so much more!
Changes made to version 1.3:
- Universal version created (Intel and PowerPC native code).
- Added list size icons to windows.
- QuickScrap HotKey features added! - Allows copying and pasting between ScrapIt Pro X and most other applications while ScrapIt Pro X is in the background.
Changes made to version 1.21:
- New PlugIns and a different way to store them (in an external folder which makes it easy to grab new ones from our web site and install)
- Can now navigate list by typing first characters in item name
- Fixed a search bug that would not find a match in the first note if no text was selected or the first character position was selected
Changes made to version 1.2:
- Complete rewrite of Search routines, now works extremely fast and does not open each item as it's searching!
- Now remembers Find dialog settings
- Can now drag folders between scrap files
- Can now import contents of folders (all files and folders within) from the Finder by dragging selected folders into a ScrapIt Pro X window
- Will now properly remember which files you had open when you quit
- Many other bug fixes
Changes made to version 1.11:
- Renaming in Panther (OSX 10.3) no longer causes a crash
- Exporting selected items no longer causes crash in Panther (OSX 10.3)
- Converting text clippings to Plain Text and then exporting works now
Changes made to version 1.10:
- Can now import ScrapIt Pro Classic and Apple Scrapbook files automatically
- Much better support for dragging data from any application and for dragging data from the list to another application
- When copying, the item retains it's name if pasted back into ScrapIt Pro X
- Command-Delete now works to delete selected item(s)
- Changed how plain text imports deal with diacritical marks and foreign languages
- Fixed password bug (could crash before if you cancelled opening a password protected file)
- Now have many more options available on a per document basis in the File Settings sheet
- Added a Preference to quit when the last window is closed
- Image size now available in Get Info drawer
- Major changes to how file names and extensions work. Can no longer easily change the type of a file by changing the extension. ScrapIt Pro X v1.0 was very dependant on file names in how data was displayed. So, if you had pasted an item from another application into a ScrapIt Pro X v1.0 document and then removed the .paste in the name, it would no longer display the data within the item. That has been fixed.
- Added new icons to the toolbar (Add Text, Add RTF and Add HTML)
- Added a File Setting to change the way drags are started (in v1.0, you could only start a drag by dragging horizontally), now you have an option to allow a vertical motion to start the drag
- Will now retain the text formatting when importing SimpleText documents
Click here for a screen shot of ScrapIt Pro X.
Download: ScrapIt Pro X (1.8MB)
- Min. System....: OSX 10.2 or higher
- Shareware.......: $25
- Author...........: John V. Holder, Software
- email address...:
Register latest software: Click Here.
Return to main page.